The Resilient Community: Adapting to a Changing Climate
We would like to officially invite you to “The Resilient Community: Adapting to a Changing Climate”, a virtual event series brought to you by Sustainability at
We would like to officially invite you to “The Resilient Community: Adapting to a Changing Climate”, a virtual event series brought to you by Sustainability at Centennial and Solv. Sector Sessions (SX3). This series will take place from February 23rd to 25th via Zoom and will include 5 thought-provoking and engaging sessions.
Climate change represents the largest challenge to our modern way of life, and it’s time to adapt. Join us for this virtual 3-day series of events, where we discuss how we can become resilient to the impacts of climate change, both as individuals and as a community. The Resilient Community will take a look at solutions through the lens of business, healthcare, infrastructure and food security in order to help us “Build Back Better.”
These exciting events will include:
· A keynote presentation led by Tom Rand, Managing Partner, ArcTern Ventures, and author on all things climate and cleantech
· A panel discussion featuring industry leaders from Stiletto, Smoke Architecture, FoodShare Toronto, and Canadian Physicians for the Environment (CAPE). Moderated by Kevin Quinlan, Senior Advisor with Mantle 314, the four panelists will represent the four main themes of the event – Business, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Food Security
· Business Session with Ariella Lukach, Vice President, Strategy & Positioning, Stiletto
· Healthcare Session with Dr. Courtney Howard, Emergency Physician in Yellowknife and President of the Board of the Canadian Physicians for the Environment (CAPE)
· Infrastructure Session with KaaSheGaaBaaWeak | Eladia Smoke, Principle Architect, Smoke Architecture
· The Interconnections Between Food Insecurity and Anti-Black Racism in Canada with Paul Taylor, Executive Director, FoodShare Toronto
You don’t want to miss these sessions! Register here to choose which sessions you’d like to attend and reserve your spot(s) no later than February 22nd.
23 (Tuesday) 9:00 am - 25 (Thursday) 3:00 pm